Saturday, June 19, 2010

Pulau Perhentian (things I learned)

So we spent 3 days and 2 nights at the Perhentian Island Resort in all. Things I learned:


- I am not born for the sea.
- Some snorkeling masks have a smell that I find repulsive. Wish I had my own, or next time, I'll put some strawberry jam to make it smell nicer in there.
- Most life jackets are uncomfortable. I should have spent the time to get it to fit comfortably, so that I wouldn't be so uneasy in the water.
- Shouldn't have signed up for such an 'active' tour package if I'm such a lousy swimmer, or just starting out snorkeling.
- the souvenir shop at the Laguna Redang Island Resort (More More Tea Inn) is probably the cheapest place to buy souvenirs and snacks on the islands. Or maybe things on Redang are cheaper than Perhentian.
- most snorkeling spots near the beach have very little live coral. Most look dead, though the fishes are still there.

No comments:

Post a Comment